Black Grain Rice Salad with Avocado
A great rice salad with fresh herbs and creamy avocado.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 47g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1c Black Grain Rice, cook per packaging with the amount of water required.
- 4T Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2t Cumin Seeds
- I Lemon Zest
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1/4c Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4c Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 1/4c Fresh Chives, 1" pieces chives
- 1 Avocado, peeled, pitted, cut in chunks
- Cook rice per packaging instructions. Lay out on sheet tray and cool in refrigerator. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Add rice. Salt n pepper to taste
- Ingredient info: Black rice and red quinoa are available at better supermarkets and at natural foods and specialty foods stores.